For most people, interpersonal relationships are a significant source of support, fulfilment and growth. In too many instances, however, those relationships can stagnate or develop issues that don’t get adequately addressed right away. Especially in romantic relationships, unaddressed issues can become significant problems down the line.
Problems we Regularly treat with our Couples’ Therapy in Sydney
There are numerous issues you can encounter in a relationship. They fall into two main categories:
- Trust and Fundamentals – For many people, these issues only get revealed after the damage is already done. Perhaps you and your partner see the purpose of your relationship differently or have different relationship goals. In other cases, there may be infidelity, emotional distance, or absence of romance and respect. These issues, untreated, can destroy your relationship.
- Communication Issues – These show up in various ways, including stonewalling or the “silent treatment”, frequent arguments, irrationally angry responses to irritation, or an inability to move past older issues. Ultimately, they reflect a failure to communicate effectively and warrant couples’ counselling in Sydney to rebuild the lines of communication.
Regardless of which category you find your issues in, there’s hope that you can resolve them, and the relationship can be salvaged.
Results You May Encounter After Relationship Counselling in Sydney
Every couple is different, and not every relationship can be saved. If you and your partner approach couples’ marriage counselling in Sydney earnestly, however, you’ll be amazed at the results you may see. Here are some commonly reported outcomes from our counselling services:
- Increased respect and tenderness with a decrease in tension and arguments
- Positivity and excitement when considering the future
- Recapturing the spark, or “falling back in love”
- Increased self-esteem and the establishment of a team mentality
- Better, more frequent sex and connectivity
Our therapists are well-trained in conducting relevant, useful psychological approaches toward rebuilding trust and communication. Scientific studies and research consistently back the methods we use, so you’ll be receiving evidence-based treatments that are shown to truly bring about change.
Why Trust our Bondi clinic for Sydney Individuals and Couples’ Counselling?
We’ve been operating our Bondi clinic since 2015 and have continued to help individuals and couples in all stages of life and relationships. Whether you’re looking to move in with each other after dating for six months or have been married for 20+ years, we’re equipped to help you resolve significant issues and learn new ways to communicate.
Rachael Walden, The Bondi Psychologist, is professionally trained on how to repair and enhance personal relationships. This training has included the Gottman Method of Couples’ Therapy, an approach that builds on decades of research and experience to consistently produce meaningful results when couples apply the methods. Rachael will help you develop effective ways to communicate and prevent issues before they arise. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you through a difficult time.