If you are a people pleaser, you’re likely prone to putting others’ needs ahead of your own. This can be exhausting.
Others may think you are agreeable, helpful and kind. And you are! But are you taking care of YOU too?
7 Signs Of Being A People Pleaser
- You pretend to agree with everyone.
- You feel responsible for how other people feel
- You apologise often
- You feel burdened by the things you have to do
- You can’t say no
- You feel uncomfortable or guilty if someone is angry at you
- You seek praise to feel good.
Do these sound like you?
So, What If You Are A People Pleaser?
If you are in the habit of pleasing, fawning or pandering to the needs of others at the expense of your own needs and desires, there’s a good chance you have an underlying belief around unworthiness
You may not feel “good enough”, so you constantly try to do more in an attempt to feel worthy.
Doing more won’t change the pattern. You must identify and heal the unconscious belief.
See A Psychologist in Bondi or Rose Bay
We can help you restore the balance in your life with compassionate therapy.