You may be eligible for a psychology rebate from Medicare or from your private health fund (see the rebates section below). If rebates apply, we can process these in the Bondi clinic.
The prices below are for individual therapy and couple’s therapy from The Bondi Psychologist clinic or virtual counselling via Skype. Rachael Walden can also provide reports for forensic purposes.
Fees start from your appointment time. If you are running late, you will have a reduced session time as we generally have clients booked in each hour. If you wish to extend your session and it is possible for us to do so, the rate will be pro-rated. We accept cash, EFTPOS and credit card.
Psychologist Fees at The Bondi Psychologist
|Standard therapy session with Rachael Walden (virtual or in-person)|
|Standard therapy session with Elaine Lopis (virtual or in-person)|
|Standard couples' therapy session|
|Extended couples' therapy session|
|Online couples' assessment||$45|
|Gottman Couples' Assessment (includes online assessment)|
|Emergency/Out-of-Hours therapy session|
|Report writing (one hour minimum)|
Contact us for info
|Standard consult rate pro-rated. Fees vary for different therapists.|
You may be eligible for a psychology rebate for your therapy sessions from Medicare or your private health insurer.
To arrange Medicare-subsidised psychology sessions in Sydney and New South Wales, you first need a referral from a GP. Your doctor will assess your mental health and determine if you are eligible to access funding under the Medicare scheme for psychological services.
If your doctor provides a referral, you will be placed on a Mental Health Care Plan that provides up to 10 subsidised therapy sessions per calendar year. You will receive a rebate of up to $86.15 per psychological session. Medicare rebates are paid directly into your bank account soon after your session so you will need to cover the fee upfront on the day of your appointment.
You can make a direct appointment with The Bondi Psychologist without needing a doctor’s referral. In this case if you have private health insurance, depending on your fund you may be eligible for a rebate from them. We have HICAPS in our Bondi clinic and can process your rebate on the spot. Please consult your private health insurer for further information about whether you’re covered for psychological treatment and how much you can claim.
If you don’t have private health insurance and you need assistance to cover your mental health treatment, you will need the referral from your GP to access a Mental Health Care Plan.
Please contact us for more information about rebates for psychology services.
Medicare Rebate Psychologist
Need a Medicare Rebate Psychologist? The Bondi Psychologist Can Help
If you’re looking for a Medicare rebate Psychologist, you’ve come to the right place. At The Bondi Psychologist, we understand that sometimes even the simplest tasks can seem overwhelming. The good news is that you may be eligible for a Medicare rebate from the government to cover or help cover the cost of your therapy appointments – up to ten each year. Getting your rebate is easy, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have about how it works. The information below should provide a starting point.
Prepare for Your Visit to Your Medicare Rebate Psychologist
Here’s how to take advantage of the mental health plan rebate and get the care you need.
- Visit your GP. Recognising the need for help is an important step. Next, book an appointment to discuss your concerns with your GP and ask about a mental health care plan. Keep in mind that your doctor gets frequent questions about mental health issues, so you can talk openly with them and feel at ease discussing your concerns.
- Choose a Psychologist and attend six sessions. Your GP can suggest a Psychologist, but it’s ultimately up to you. You should feel comfortable with your Psychologist and confident that they are qualified to provide the help you need.
- Ask for more sessions. If six sessions aren’t enough, you can ask for four more. Keep in mind that the mental health treatment plan offers six to ten sessions per calendar year, from January 1 through December 31. That means that if you have ten sessions from October through December, you may be eligible for six to ten more beginning in January.
The rebate plan reimburses eligible participants up to $86.15 for a 50+-minute session.
About The Bondi Psychologist
Why should you choose The Bondi Psychologist as your Medicare rebate Psychologist? Here are some of the advantages we offer our clients:
- Confidentiality and discretion. There are no large signs outside our office, and all the content of your sessions and dealings with us are kept strictly private.
- Professionalism and experience. We are experienced professionals who are trained and qualified to help with a wide range of issues, including addiction, anxiety, depression, relationship challenges, and more.
- A range of therapeutic approaches. There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to mental health; hence, we offer a variety of services, including individual and couples’ therapy, EMDR, weight-loss counselling, and more.
Why the Medicare Rebate for Psychologist Fees Is Cost-Effective
Fortunately, the mental health plan rebate is available for Australians to help you receive the psychological services you need. As we’ve outlined above, to take advantage of this Medicare mental health plan rebate, you will need a referral from your GP or another healthcare provider. This rebate can give you access to services you might not otherwise be able to obtain. Better access to mental health care is essential to helping you achieve the quality of life you deserve. Don’t hesitate to contact The Bondi Psychologist with any questions.